2018 Scholarship Application
The Greater Toronto Apartment Association (GTAA) is an association of apartment owners and property managers who own and manage over 150,000 units in purpose-built rental buildings across the GTA. In 2005, we created the Greater Toronto Apartment Association Charitable Foundation (CRA Registered Charity # 86644 2494 RR0001). To date, the GTAA and our Charitable Foundation have donated more than $1,250,000 to local organizations that help those who require assistance.
The Greater Toronto Apartment Association and our Charitable Foundation are proud to offer our fourth annual scholarship. Four winners will be selected in August 2018.
GTAA Members recognize the commitment of young people involved in local initiatives that work towards building safe, healthy and enriching communities. GTAA has created a scholarship to help four young residents wishing to further their educations.
Four recipients will each receive a $3000 scholarship to cover tuition fees for first year of post-secondary education or training at a recognized university or college or trade school or apprenticeship program.
High school students and/or recent high school graduates who are involved in their local communities AND able to answer “YES” to ALL the following criteria:
- Reside in a GTAA Member building. Note that participating GTAA Members have announced this scholarship in their buildings, and have indicated their participation in these scholarships. If you are unsure, please check with the property management office.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident?
- 25 years old or younger as of June 30, 2018?
- Entering into your first year of post-secondary education or training in a recognized Canadian post-secondary educational or training program in the upcoming academic year?
- Able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance?
How are winners chosen?
The GTAA Scholarship Program Selection Committee will evaluate the completed applications. This committee places a high value on community involvement, academic achievement, volunteer work and work experience or efforts to secure summer employment as part of financing the applicant’s postsecondary education. Our committee prefers applicants that try to secure other sources of funding for their education through employment, other scholarships and bursaries, etc. Please state in your financial statement ways you are trying to prepare financially for school.
Completed applications are DUE before 3 PM on July 11, 2018.